97 merc 225 efi fuel press

Gyro

Cadet
i just cleaned vst and tested hi press pump. There was a good bit of trash in bottom of tank but i got it all cleaned out and cleaned filter at bottom of pump.
I put it all back together, pumped ball good and heard hi pres pump kick on and motor fired right up. I killed it, just long enough to put muffs on then tried to start but wouldn fire up again.
I checked fuel pressure and im getting 45 lbs just by turning key on. And 45 lbs while motor is turning over. But as soon as i turn key off fuel pressure drops to zero.
My question is should it maintain pressure after pump turns off? I know on a car it still holds pressure after killing engine.

Gyro

Cadet
It has a pressure regulator an should bleed of when shut down
Thank you. I still cant get this motor to start again. After cleaning vst and hi pres pump filter and putting it all back together, the first turn of the key motor busted right off. I killed it to hook up the muffs. It has not started again. I dont think my injectors are working. I do hav power at the 4 pin connector. I pulled plugs and they are dry. If injectors were working shouldn plugs be wet? I dont really know how to test the injectors with them enclosed like they are. Any input on what my next step should be i would appreciate it!

Gyro

Cadet
Thank you. I still cant get this motor to start again. After cleaning vst and hi pres pump filter and putting it all back together, the first turn of the key motor busted right off. I killed it to hook up the muffs. It has not started again. I dont think my injectors are working. I do hav power at the 4 pin connector. I pulled plugs and they are dry. If injectors were working shouldn plugs be wet? I dont really know how to test the injectors with them enclosed like they are. Any input on what my next step should be i would appreciate it!
Let me add something to this. When turn key on the hi pres pump stays on for like 10 sec before shutting off. Should it be running that long. Or is it running that long because of air in the system? Thanks

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Let me add something to this. When turn key on the hi pres pump stays on for like 10 sec before shutting off. Should it be running that long. Or is it running that long because of air in the system? Thanks
Normal