94 mariner 150 hp efi

Jeremy38870

Cadet
I have a question I had a guy put a new stator on my motor about 3 weeks ago and when I took it out it would only get to 2000 rpm at wot I’m just curious could he have put the stator on the wrong holes we checked timing everything is advancing like it should but another thing that happened to was he was taking off the switch boxes he couldn’t get one of the screws because it stopped so he decided to cut a slot in the head so he could get it out and slipped and hit the switch box with the cutter didn’t go through but left a pretty bad cut in it I was wondering could that make it do what it is doing I would appreciate any feedback
Thank you

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Need to test it in water as it will rev without a load to 6k on 3 cylinders

Jeremy38870

Cadet
Did you check spark while in water?
Ok I got that problem fixed now I have a new problem I have the 40 amp set up I just had a new stator and regulators put on it took it out finally was running great and got back thought I had smelled plastic burning took the cover off to find this what do you think might have happened

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Jeremy38870

Cadet
They set on a metal plate but they don’t have a ground wire coming out of them
I was going to replace them with the 6 wire regulator to see if that would work so I can ground them to motor to make sure it’s not a bad ground some where

Dukedog

Captain
do away with tha "bullet" connectors.. solder and heat shrink those connections...............

Jeremy38870

Cadet
Ok I did away with bullet connections and know with new rectifier it will still jump up around 15 volts