94 Ebbtide

Swimmer3347

Cadet
Hello all! New member here. Recently purchased an Ebbtide Campione 1900 with a Yems 5.7. Cannot find parts anywhere (obviously) but was not sure if someone here had an engine diagram or can point me into he right direction to get it running, I'd appreciate it very much

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all! New member here. Recently purchased an Ebbtide Campione 1900 with a Yems 5.7. Cannot find parts anywhere (obviously) but was not sure if someone here had an engine diagram or can point me into he right direction to get it running, I'd appreciate it very much

Swimmer3347

Cadet

Attachments

• 20221103_162655.jpg
    20221103_162655.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20221103_162646.jpg
    20221103_162646.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20221103_162706.jpg
    20221103_162706.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Also, I am trying g to figure out this part but cannot source anything. Thank you in advance
Cant see the whole part but i would recreate it out of copper sweat together or have a welding shop do it out of stainless pipe or tubing

is that from freeze damage ? Would carefully look the whole engine over before dropping cash in it . Pressure test the cooling passages maybe

Scott06

Vice Admiral
You can find several coolers https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...oler&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

you can rework hoses as needed…. But big issue is the engine has freeze damage would double down on inspecting block heads and exhaust manifolds to make sure they are not damaged like PS cooler is. Its is possible someone forgot to drain the cooler only but means it had suspect winterization In the past

btw the link provided above shows the cooler as available not cheap but available, you have to enlarge the image its number 15… if nothing else is freeze damaged you may be able to get someone to silver solder (aka brazed) that back together

Last edited:

Swimmer3347

Cadet
Good morning all, I am still trying to get this motor running. Does anyone have any 350 Yamaha manifolds anywhere that are not cracked? Not sure what else to do since I cannot find any that are new.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Good morning all, I am still trying to get this motor running. Does anyone have any 350 Yamaha manifolds anywhere that are not cracked? Not sure what else to do since I cannot find any that are new.
Would be easier to find hens teeth. Yamaha has no support in North America for I/O's because they got sued

best bet is to convert to mercruiser or volvo manifolds. there is a thread on iboats about the conversion. start digging into the search functions

Swimmer3347

Cadet
Would be easier to find hens teeth. Yamaha has no support in North America for I/O's because they got sued

best bet is to convert to mercruiser or volvo manifolds. there is a thread on iboats about the conversion. start digging into the search functions
I tried searching and only found the forum for the 3.0. I have a 5.7 so I'd imagine it's the same concept but no breakdown. Any further guidance?

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Either budget to plan to put a complete used mercruiser alpha one gen 1 or gen 2 outdrive package in the boat or cut your losses and either sell whole or try to part it out.

If the engine passes a pressure test of cooling system, you'll have to identify the GM 5.7 350 v8 model you have to see what is required for a specific outdrive series.

Swimmer3347

Cadet
Either budget to plan to put a complete used mercruiser alpha one gen 1 or gen 2 outdrive package in the boat or cut your losses and either sell whole or try to part it out.

If the engine passes a pressure test of cooling system, you'll have to identify the GM 5.7 350 v8 model you have to see what is required for a specific outdrive series.
Going to recycle it and start fresh

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Going to recycle it and start fresh
Probably the best bet, assume rest of boat is roached too?

If you part it out you may be able to recoup some cost by selling off the Yamaha specific parts on ebay or long block if it is in decent shape

Swimmer3347

Cadet

Came to a conclusion. Going to recycle the boat and start with a clean slate

Swimmer3347

Cadet
Probably the best bet, assume rest of boat is roached too?

If you part it out you may be able to recoup some cost by selling off the Yamaha specific parts on ebay or long block if it is in decent shape
Yeah, it's in decent shape but don't have the time to wait for bites, etc