85 Johnson 15 hp issues

SCduckhunter

Seaman
Hi all...I have an 85 Johnson 15 HP that I rebuilt back in October.. I hunted a lot with this boat without any issue.. I run it about once a week to 10,days in a barrel. The other day while it was running(and fine),I took the cowling off. I touched the block checking for temperature and to.my surprise it shocked me!! I checked all the grounds for good contact and sduch and didn't find anything amiss...it is still running fine at this point bit I don't want to burn up/ out anything...I remember having issues when installing the coil packs..I couldn't remember the sequence of how the washers and bolts went through the contact plate...I believe this is where my problem is...however it may not be the issue so I'm going to start with that...any advise?, and what's the proper sequence of the washers to coil pack with mounting bolt when installing? Thanks all

Harry B.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Me too, or at least similar issues but no one seemed to know.
Maybe no one will be able to help me out either.

Harry B.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I couldn't see or find anything in the repair manual which is a Chlymer.
From some of the hype on the internet it seemed like there was some magical sequence.
There's not.
A bolt and washer on the outside against the coil, fiber washer and lock ring on the other side against the power head.
Spark is back and runs fine.
Thank you.