'72 Silverline Comoro 17V

southkogs

Staff member
I'm new to the forums, but benefiting GREATLY from the experience out there. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice.

This weekend I purchased a 1972 Silverline Comoro 17V. It's in amazing condition, but the stern drive is not working right now. That's really the only thing that keeps it from being ready for the lake. I picked it up pretty cheap, so I was willing to risk the stern drive issue. Everything else that needs done is really cosmetic. The hull, floor and upholstery are all in excellent structural shape.

I'm not the best mechanic out there, but I have played with outboards in the past with out blowing anything up (this is boat #3 for me). I also liked the idea of owning some "classic glass," and this boat won't require years of work to get in good working order.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice!

Attachments

• Silverline 1.jpg
    Silverline 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Silverline 3.jpg
    Silverline 3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Silverline 4.jpg
    Silverline 4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Silverline 2.jpg
    Silverline 2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0

DRoush

Cadet
Re: '72 Silverline Comoro 17V

Hi there!

I just purchased a 72 comoro 17T, not as pretty as yours, but I have the same issue, Stern drive missing.
My tub is a total rebuild, but the stern drive was my main concern. I have a Mercruiser 140, and I'm betting you do to.

I found a mechanic in Denver who is a blood hound for finding Mercruiser parts.
look up the "boat shop" in Commerce city colorado and ask for frank.

Good luck.