496mag no start issue.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I think so, I found quite a bit of paint chips, which corresponds with the cool fuel paint issue.
Current update: Cleaned all injectors in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner 30 min bath followed by a second in clean fuel injector cleaner. Then cleaned inside to confirm flow with fuel injector pulse/ cleaning kit. Replaced all the O-rings. Confirmed internal screens were clean as crystal. The rail was more difficult. I needed to clean it with spray fuel injector cleaner and blew it out with compressed air a few times. I got alot of crap out of it. I'm reinstalling today. Wish me luck.
Best of luck. Sounds very like you’ve nailed the source of the issue. Excellent. You’ve got me wondering if I should take my rail and injectors off for a look and test. Did you just apply a voltage to them and off them, whilst spraying through them, for an opening test ?

alldodge

Staff member
I think so, I found quite a bit of paint chips, which corresponds with the cool fuel paint issue.
Current update: Cleaned all injectors in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner 30 min bath followed by a second in clean fuel injector cleaner. Then cleaned inside to confirm flow with fuel injector pulse/ cleaning kit. Replaced all the O-rings. Confirmed internal screens were clean as crystal. The rail was more difficult. I needed to clean it with spray fuel injector cleaner and blew it out with compressed air a few times. I got alot of crap out of it. I'm reinstalling today. Wish me luck.
Well they might be cleaned but don't know how they flow at different RPM's nor how much they differ from one another or within spec, but its a good start