2006 Trophy 2052WA 4.3 merc I/O

mikweb

Cadet
Put batteries in today and was going to get it ready for the season. I have no power to the ignition. All of the accessories work on the dash. Anyone have this problem before and could shed some light?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Put batteries in today and was going to get it ready for the season. I have no power to the ignition. All of the accessories work on the dash. Anyone have this problem before and could shed some light?
Looking at the schematic, you either missed connecting a wire at the battery or the kill switch (lanyard) or neutral switch is open

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Do the gauges power up when you turn on the ignition to the first notch? If not check the fuse for the ignition in the fuse box.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
First check would be 50 Amp breaker on the engine, should have power on both sides of breaker. If no power on either side check the in-line fuse at starter post (if equipped). If all is good with those items check the 10/14 pin harness connector between the engine and dash

Finding no issues there check the fuse panel for a blown ignition fuse

You will need a proper volt meter to correctly troubleshoot these items

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
One year I had a bit of oxidation on the tabs in the old style fuse box & glass fuses. Had me guessing for a while. Fuse had continuity not blown but the oxidation prevented current from flowing across the tabs.

mikweb

Cadet
Looking at the schematic, you either missed connecting a wire at the battery or the kill switch (lanyard) or neutral switch is open
Are you talking about the switch on the shifting mechanism? Today I noticed that I have power to ground. Weak signal but dc test light lights up.

mikweb

Cadet
Do the gauges power up when you turn on the ignition to the first notch? If not check the fuse for the ignition in the fuse box.
Gauges do not power up, no power to on either side of push button breaker.

mikweb

Cadet
First check would be 50 Amp breaker on the engine, should have power on both sides of breaker. If no power on either side check the in-line fuse at starter post (if equipped). If all is good with those items check the 10/14 pin harness connector between the engine and dash

Noticed today with #2 battery connected and remove ground from battery #1 I have faint power to ground anywhere on the motor. Has to be a corroded ground somewhere I think.

mikweb

Cadet
No power to gauges. When I supply power to ignition breaker it powers everything up and will turn over.

mikweb

Cadet

To get to the in-line fuse at the starter post looks difficult. Do I need to remove the exhaust manifold? No power to either side of 50 amp breaker. Appreciate your help...

dubs283

Vice Admiral
I've never had to remove an exhaust manifold to get to the starter but I've had some extremely tight access to quite a few

Sometimes a mirror helps see when access is blind