2004 180RX Speaker location

kennyc7373

Recruit
Just purchased a 2004 Stingray 180RX and want to install a stereo and 4 speakers.

I see the pre-cut for the sterao and power and speaker cables. Where do the speakers mount? Is there a location for 4 of them?

Thanks!

kennyc7373

Recruit
Re: 2004 180RX Speaker location

Just to follow-up for anyone else that may be looking at installing a stereo and speakers. The boat comes from the factory with cut outs for the stereo, front speakers and rear speakers. The cut out for the stereo is located just below the glove box. The front speaker cutouts are 5 1/4" and they are located under the dash on either side of the boat. They are easy to find if you feel around and push on the carpet. As for the rear speaker location that is a little harder to find. There is a cut out but it is only partially cut through. You will have to feel around carefully for it but it should be there, it is also 5 1/4" hole. Once you find the start of the cut out I used a sharp knife to expose the hole. You will need to cut the carpet from the back as well. I then used a jig saw to cut the remainder of the hole out. I used a hole saw and cut mine for larger speakers. All the wiring was already there and I just needed to run a couple of feet of extra speaker wire to connect the rear speakers.