1993 panfish 16 special

Detour

Recruit
Hello, Ya'll!
I recently purchased a '93 panfish from an old timer who kept her in his garage...(always wanted one). Everything is very well preserved for a 30 year old boat. My live well has a toggle for bringing fresh water in and it works; comes in at the top through a sparger/aerator of sorts and looks original. My bottom drain has the extension tube that removes when I need to drain it. I don't know, and I'm thinking I have a manual drain? Drains extremely slow. Is there a check valve or maybe a pump within the hull between the drain and the port side drain hole on the boat? I ran a fish tape into the drain from the box and met with resistance; kinda feels like it's a half fitting or maybe a check or... ? Any old timers, or knowledgeable folks out there who could enlighten me? Like I said, it drains (eventually) but I don't hang around waiting, also, I'm thinking it should drain quicker to keep up with the water being pumped in from the fresh water boarding pump so the well doesn't overflow into the boat... thanks, Steve

Attachments

• 20230110_171344.jpg
    20230110_171344.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230110_171437.jpg
    20230110_171437.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Your 30 year old boat has plastic fittings and plumbing that lasts a max of 15 years.

Plan on going through every bit of livewell plumbing and plan on new thru-hull fittings, hoses, etc

Detour

Recruit
Your 30 year old boat has plastic fittings and plumbing that lasts a max of 15 years.

Plan on going through every bit of livewell plumbing and plan on new thru-hull fittings, hoses, etc
Thanks. So, any idea if it's a check on the drain, a pump or just a slow drain?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hard telling what has been sucked down the drain over the years. Bottle caps seem are popular items.