1991 Celebrity 181cx Book/Manual/Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversuby

Cadet
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get any information about a 1991 Celebrity 181cx boat? I am looking for any information I can collect, books, drawings, pictures of things ripped apart, etc.

I have owned one for several years, but I am missing information such as how large the fuel tank is and how water should drain out around it. I have noticed water sitting in the storage area in front of the gas tank in the floor that is not draining to the back of the boat. I can't see where any drain should be - so I'm hoping someone has information about that and the gas tank itself.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
as far as printed material....... doesnt exist, never did

pictures of a boat ripped apart...... search the forums on iBoats

if you have water around your fuel tank, one of your drainage holes in the bilge is clogged. you could also have water soaked foam/stringers/transom

silversuby

Cadet
as far as printed material....... doesnt exist, never did

pictures of a boat ripped apart...... search the forums on iBoats

if you have water around your fuel tank, one of your drainage holes in the bilge is clogged. you could also have water soaked foam/stringers/transom
There have to be documents somewhere, design in the 80's wasn't all done by computer like it is today. Paper ruled the world. Now, I'm not saying that those drawings are available to the public - but I was hoping someone would have documents or photos if they replaced a floor or something on this specific model.

That is why I am looking for photos of THIS particular boat. That entire area appears to be covered in fiberglass, and the carpet on my particular boat is kind bunched up - so I am wondering if they clogged the holes or something. Boats are designed to funnel water from up front back into the bilge area underneath the engine - right...so I want to know how that water is SUPPOSED to travel - without ripping up my carpet if possible.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
There have to be documents somewhere, design in the 80's wasn't all done by computer like it is today. Paper ruled the world. Now, I'm not saying that those drawings are available to the public - but I was hoping someone would have documents or photos if they replaced a floor or something on this specific model.

That is why I am looking for photos of THIS particular boat. That entire area appears to be covered in fiberglass, and the carpet on my particular boat is kind bunched up - so I am wondering if they clogged the holes or something. Boats are designed to funnel water from up front back into the bilge area underneath the engine - right...so I want to know how that water is SUPPOSED to travel - without ripping up my carpet if possible.
I work for a company that supplies many items to the boating world, and know many naval architects as well as workers across many boat builders

there is less documentation than you would think

many times, after the mold was made, the rigging was documented with chalk on the floor and polaroids. now its chalk on the floor and digital cameras.

as far as boat to boat variations, the guy doing the hull layup one day may not be there the following, etc.

wiring harnesses were normally purchased, and other systems were also brought in from the vendor-du-jour

to find specific documentation of your exact hull build would require your boat to be the first build of that model year and the company to still be in business

the founder of celebrity left the company in 1991 and celebrity was bought in 1995 by bombardier and is no longer in business, its doubtful any documentation exists

pull the carpet and look

be prepaired to tackle the rotten transom and stringers you will probably find.

silversuby

Cadet
I work for a company that supplies many items to the boating world, and know many naval architects as well as workers across many boat builders

there is less documentation than you would think

many times, after the mold was made, the rigging was documented with chalk on the floor and polaroids. now its chalk on the floor and digital cameras.

as far as boat to boat variations, the guy doing the hull layup one day may not be there the following, etc.

wiring harnesses were normally purchased, and other systems were also brought in from the vendor-du-jour

to find specific documentation of your exact hull build would require your boat to be the first build of that model year and the company to still be in business

the founder of celebrity left the company in 1991 and celebrity was bought in 1995 by bombardier and is no longer in business, its doubtful any documentation exists

pull the carpet and look

be prepaired to tackle the rotten transom and stringers you will probably find.

So you are saying there is no documentation anywhere that can tell me how big of a gas tank I have? I find it hard to believe that there isn't at least a range of sizes (10-14 gallons) or something, since there is limited space between the stringers, then between the engine bay and the under floor storage.

I suspect there should be a maximum horsepower rating identified for my boat as well.

Nada guides and iboats information differ on max horsepower for this boat. I was just hoping someone would have actual documentation on that...and that maybe someone snapped pictures or a video if/when replacing the fuel tank.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
if someone scanned and posted the factory brochure, you will find information on the size of the fuel tank

most likely about 22-25 gallons

Max hp will be on the capacity tag unless its an I/O, then there is no max limit.

captainbobc

Recruit
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get any information about a 1991 Celebrity 181cx boat? I am looking for any information I can collect, books, drawings, pictures of things ripped apart, etc.

I have owned one for several years, but I am missing information such as how large the fuel tank is and how water should drain out around it. I have noticed water sitting in the storage area in front of the gas tank in the floor that is not draining to the back of the boat. I can't see where any drain should be - so I'm hoping someone has information about that and the gas tank itself.

Thanks in advance.
I have a 1986 180BR. I just finished replacing all the stringers, floor and transom. I also had to replace the fuel tank. It was in the space in front of the engine, between the two main stringers that also align with the engine supports. It is a 27 gallon tank as noted by the builder of the tank. My boat has the MCM200 or 305ci V8 engine.

Attachments

• NEW GAS TANK (3).jpg
    NEW GAS TANK (3).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • NEW GAS TANK (6).jpg
    NEW GAS TANK (6).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • SIDE PANELS 010.JPG
    SIDE PANELS 010.JPG
    517.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210321_180819.jpg
    20210321_180819.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

Tigas30

Recruit
I have a 1986 180BR. I just finished replacing all the stringers, floor and transom. I also had to replace the fuel tank. It was in the space in front of the engine, between the two main stringers that also align with the engine supports. It is a 27 gallon tank as noted by the builder of the tank. My boat has the MCM200 or 305ci V8 engine.
I'm about to start on the same endeavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.