1985 Bayliner 2750 Ciera Sunbridge Resto

Drivewayboater2

Petty Officer 1st Class
What’s your plan for the headliner? how are you installing? I’m not at that point but thinking about options going forward. Love to hear your plan.
looking good

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class
What’s your plan for the headliner? how are you installing? I’m not at that point but thinking about options going forward. Love to hear your plan.
looking good
I'm using white FRP for the headliner with 1/2" foam and reflectix underneath. I'll secure the FRP with 1/4" varnished cedar planks using SS screws and finishing washers. For the ceiling lights I've already installed, I bought some nylon standoffs/spacers to make them flush mount; I kinda wish I'd waited and bought some better looking lights for a recessed look.

This will cover the main area, but the forward area over the V-berth with the windows is going to be tricky for me with so many compound curves. I've started coating the ceiling there and all the hull sides with white gelcoat in the meantime. I'm leaning toward gluing EVA decking foam (the texture kinda provides a finished look) where I don't have to worry about wiring access as condensation barrier/insulation and the white gelcoat beneath can help mask any minor mistakes I'll make.