1966 Seaswirl

skullone

Cadet
Hello boaters!

I just bought a 1966 Seaswirl, 14', Renault motor, merc outboard.

Things I know that are wrong:
It gets stuck in gear - the gear lever up front won't go into nuetral or forward, its currently stuck in reverse. I opened that box up front, and a lobe on the gear level is sheered and won't return position.
Are there sources online to get a new lever box, or lobes?

Prop and shaft appear broken - prev owner disclosed that the prop fell out during a run, and got him stranded. He installed a new prop, which doesn't appear sealed in any way, gear oil leaks out, water gets in. The prop doesn't sit properly, is very loose, and you can pull it out with your bare hands along with the worm gear.
Can I just buy a new threaded and sealed prop, or do I need to replace the bottum end?

Carb gas pumps leak - the rubber "boots" covering the carbs jets/pumps are worn or missing at the top of the carb. Since the carb is so old, I don't know where to get those boots from, besides getting a new/rebuilt carb.

Various fuel and water leaks from hoses - fixing them as I come across them, easy stuff.

Thats mostly all I can see wrong with it so far... I filled a garbage can with water, started it up and ran it for a few minutes, sounds strong (besides not being able to get out of reverse).

Considering I got the boat and trailer for $350, it's a great little boat. Trailer alone is in good shape and worth well more than that!

Look forward to fixing the motor and outboard problems, and get out with it!