18ft Tracker Boats

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've been kicking around the idea of buying a new boat. I currently have a 1992 Tracker Pro Deep V 17, but I was planning on getting into a Triton, Alumacraft, or Lund for the next boat. I ended up over at my local Tracker dealer yesterday. Seems like a really good dealership all the way around, so now I'm thinking maybe another Tracker. I thinking about the Targa 185 SC, the Tournament V 18 (or all fish), or the Avalanche SC. Do any of you have any experience with these boats?

saumon

Lieutenant
Re: 18ft Tracker Boats

Hi, i had the same boat as yours (except it's a 1993)<br />
054950.jpg
<br /><br />and i'll probably change it too in the next few years, so let us know what you finally choose...<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Steve

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's it, except I have the 60hp Johnson on the back. I like the boat allot; it's just getting a little small with five in the family now. I'm going to need to sell it to buy the new one; it's going to be a sad day.

procraftmark

Petty Officer 2nd Class

saumon is that model decked in the rear?<br /><br /><br />mark

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by spectrummark:<br /> saumon is that model decked in the rear?<br /><br /><br />mark
Just in front. The structure you see in the rear of the boat is the enclosure for the battery and fuel tank.

saumon

Lieutenant

Originally posted by koolerb:<br />
Originally posted by spectrummark:<br /> saumon is that model decked in the rear?<br /><br /><br />mark
Just in front. The structure you see in the rear of the boat is the enclosure for the battery and fuel tank.
Exact, and that's what i like about this boat, cause i don't do a lot of casting so i don't need a rear casting deck. I prefer to have more room to check lines/fight/hold fishes when trolling. And by being underpowered (60hp on a 90 hp/max), i was able to use my main outboard to troll (1-1.5 mi/h) and it's not too bad on top end speed (30 mi/h).<br /><br />Now Tracker don't make this kind of midsized model anymore (17'6" x 78" rated 90 hp). There's a 16 footer and next is a 18 footer with a 125hp. The closest I find to this range is the new Lund Classic 1775 (17'3" x 85" rated 90 hp).