12v Cell Signal Booster

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
A change in jobs has pushed me toward looking for a cell signal booster for our cabin in Ontario, Canada. We currently get a faint signal (one or two bars of LTE) which allows for text messaging and occasional data transmission (but very slow). I need to find something to boost the signal enough to send/receive emails. Our cabin has a solar system that provides 12v power. I don't need a booster that will send a boosted signal a great distance; I can locate myself near the booster when I need to check emails. Our service is Verizon (all of North America) and the signals we most often pick up at our cabin are Verizon, Bell or TELUS.

Anyone have experience with these enough to recommend one? From my brief browsings, it looks like maybe I'll be looking at some sort of device aimed at mobile home or car usage.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you will need a signal booster and repeater. hopefully you can mount the antenna on a tower.

captmello

Captain
I use a booster at our cabin, it's very helpful, our service is spotty as well. I also use one in my shop that is encased in steel siding and roofing. I picked the boosters up on Amazon for around 100 usd each. you just need to verify the booster is compatible with the signal that is being transmitted. good luck!

Earl Cordova

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We tried the different modems that AT&T and Verizon offer at our vacation house.
I would have tried more, but they are the only carriers available.
Sometimes they worked OK and when you really needed it, they did not work, sometimes for days.
So after 10 years of trying to save a buck, we got a Starlink dish.
IMO it is rather expensive, $120/month, but it always works and is fast.