Remove One Exhaust Bolt - Need to redo all bolts with new gasket?

FluffyChicken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I accidently misplaced my remote oil system when swapping my 5.0gxi last summer so I ran the boat with the oil filter installed direct to the block. Thankfully I shouldn't have too much issue getting to the filter. I ended up procuring a remote setup over the winter which is in nice shape and I'd like to install it this spring but the one hose retainer is mounted though the forward most exhaust mani bolt. Is it ok to remove and replace just one bolt and retorque or should I avoid this and just ziptie hoses to the one coolant hose and/or dipstick? I'd like to keep it the way VP intended but If i need to get a new gasket and retorque all the bolts i'd be ok with doing it a different way.

Thank you,

Attachments

• 2024-04-17_8-24-03.jpg
    2024-04-17_8-24-03.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-04-17_8-31-45.jpg
    2024-04-17_8-31-45.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 8

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
I would think that you would be ok removing and reinstalling the bolt. The only thing I see you risking is shearing off the bolt and then having to remove the entire manifold.

FluffyChicken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would think that you would be ok removing and reinstalling the bolt. The only thing I see you risking is shearing off the bolt and then having to remove the entire manifold.
Haha yeah that sounds like a great way to ruin a Saturday.

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Those riser gaskets are are a contentious enough , if where mine I'd spring for a new gasket

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
pulling 1 manifold bolt is not a problem

that 55# of cast iron wont move enough to effect the clamp on the gasket