how many of us have concealed handgun permits?

ZmOz

Captain
Re: how many of us have concealed handgun permits?

crunch said:
In Oregon you can have a "gun" in your vehicle, but it must be in plain sight, unloaded, and the "loads" must not be "accessible"....ie: gun in front, bullets in trunk. :p

No...it doesn't have to be unloaded so long as it isn't concealed.
166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:

(a) Carries any firearm concealed upon the person;

(b) Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle
-------------cut----------------
(3) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.

I don't have a permit, but I often carry a revolver openly. I also have a few antiques/replicas that aren't legally considered firearms...therefore can be concealed without a permit.8) (I carry a copy of the statutes for those LEOs that need reminding)

crunch

Commander

No...it doesn't have to be unloaded so long as it isn't concealed.

Come down to my neck of the woods... "they say there is no law North of the Klammath"... that is a falsehood... the law is what the guys with guns say it is.

Come on down and test you theory... I'll bring you smokes and candy. :p

ZmOz

Captain

crunch said:
Come on down and test you theory... I'll bring you smokes and candy. :p

The statutes on open carry are pretty clear...open = legal in all circumstances. (except a few commie cities with their own ordinances up here) Sitting in a car doesn't change anything. Unless the officer is a complete moron and ***hole I don't think there would be much of an issue. I know that officer is out there, but I don't think his supervisor would be very happy after I alert the media of his false arrest. ;)

crunch

Commander

OZ, I once was an idealist... then I grew up.

If you think waving statutes in front of these gung-ho cowboys will get you a hearing, in this county... forward your next of kin to me, I'll see that you are buried.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

have permit, don't usually carry except in auto's.

ZmOz

Captain

crunch said:
If you think waving statutes in front of these gung-ho cowboys will get you a hearing, in this county... forward your next of kin to me, I'll see that you are buried.

Do you get pulled over for doing 55 in a 55 too? If what you're saying is true then a concealed permit is of no use to anyone either. The local boys have no problem with my homemade quad short barrel 10 gauge shotgun. :D Being a muzzleloader makes it perfectly legal, although highly suspicious. As long as the cop has half a brain it isn't an issue. Whether it's legal or not is irrelivant anyway, since I usually have a few grams of something more suspicious in my other pocket. ;)

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I don't have a permit, but I carry a pepperball pistol, similar to a paintball gun, works with CO2, but obviously the size of a pistol, well a big one anyway, looks like a robocop gun .... disables someone for at least 30 minutes ..... very accurate ..... and legal without a permit .........

Link

Rear Admiral

What a Hoot/Troll of a thread.
I own 15 to 20 hand guns.
Do I have them on me?
Well if your a crook?
Then thats a question you have to ask your self.
Do I HAVE A PERMIT?
Nope! Your still just as dead!

Bondo

Staff member

I guess I missed this thread the 1st time around,.......
Probably because it was several months Before I found iboats,.....
5 Years ago........

Anyways,......

Ayuh,...... I'm an Endowment Member of the NRA,.........
And a NY. concealed carry permit holder since 1982..........

And,........
I Firmly Believe that the 2nd Amendment is the Reason we still have the 1st Amendment......As well as the Rest of the Bill of Rights..........

heycods

Captain

Haut said:
Bad Dawg,...:|
Did you need it today?:devil::devil::devil:
I believe the majority of iboaters, including myself, believe in the right to bear arms!
Where is my news paper?..
Bad dog!:|

Your just totally welcome.o:)

aspeck

Staff member

I see Mutley's digging up old bones again! HA!

Yep, believe in 2nd amendment. Yep, have permit to carry. Only I know if I will be carrying today or not, so, punk, you gotta ask yourself this question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya? Do ya, punk? Do ya?

Fly Rod

Commander

massachusetts has one of the best permitting systems in the country from applying for a licence and permitting!!! More states should have the same system.

My permit is for large capacity rounds and in Mass.(as much ammo as i can carrey) when you have a pistol permit you can automacticly carry a concealed weapon, none of this crap for two permits to carry the same weapon concealed or unconcealed.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

oddjob

Commander

Damn! look at all the gun toting lurkers on the board..I'm jealious...:|

Bondo

Staff member

massachusetts has one of the best permitting systems in the country from applying for a licence and permitting!!! More states should have the same system.
none of this crap for two permits to carry the same weapon concealed or unconcealed.

You've Got to be Kidding,........ The Communist State of Massachusetts,..??......

It's Probably ONLY Mass. that requires 2 permits,......

New York is only 1 Permit,..... Mine has 7 different pistols on it,+ I can carry Any 1 of them........
Or, All of them at once,.....
Several States don't require Permits At All..........

one more cast

Captain

Permit holder since 1982 and a pretty good shot to boot.

dolluper

Captain

Hummm a very old post did you notice back to 01>02....Good day OMC how's it going

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I wanna know how he found something in the archives......:devil:

one more cast

Captain

dolluper said:
Hummm a very old post did you notice back to 01>02....Good day OMC how's it going

Been doing pretty good, Thanks for asking.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

This is an oldie...

I don't have a permit, but I go back and forth on it. Can't say I need to carry where I live, but when I go down to Spokangeles I wouldn't mind having a bit of juice on me. I was 50 states legal, but since I don't do that job any more, I guess I'll need to get my permit...

I wonder if anyone would have issue if I walked around with my tactical shotgun with collapsing stock? :)