Watching a grown man puke himself... hehehe :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Watching a grown man puke himself... hehehe :D

I have been through a few shop vacs and I like to daisy chain the hoses together. Not that I would have done what he did but if i did the vac would have been outside of the boat and I would have used 2 or 3 hoses to reach the vac.

For me the issue is getting the smell out of the vac. My first shop vac was used for clean up when my moldy old basement would flood. Even after cleaning it and changing the filter the exhaust would smell like mold/milldew. Cleaning the inside of those ribbed hoses is not an easy task.

soak them underwater in yer tub in a bleach/ water solution....has worked well for me...earlier in my career , working in residential remodeling/renovation, I did a lot of fire restoration work...this was the only way we could get the stink out of them for use on a 'clean ' jobsight.

puddle jumper

Captain

This reminds me of the show RV with Robin Williams. The part when he empties the holding tank. I just about peed my self :D

salty87

Commander

this thread is FINE without pics!

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

For his future reference, I've heard of guys running a hose from the macerator pump and into the sewage clean out of their house. Never tried it, but quite a few guys do it.

Beats the shop vac and vomit method.

Andy in NY

Commander

im eating my lunch right now, so ill have to come back later to finish reading...

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh my, that is hilarious....especially since I would have spewed all over as well:eek: Can't stand the smell of those tanks, or the air around them. I had to unclog a lateral to my septic tank , stuck my head just near the inlet baffle while holding my breath to inspect it. Ran out of air, turned around to take another breath and rooooooooooowwwwwwllllllllllllllfffffffffffffffffff all over the top of the tank access. At least I didn't have to clean up the interior like the guy in your story though:D

I even have to leave the house when the honeywagon comes around......

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

This reminds me of me last year. I own a travel trailer and the holding tank is about 3 feet below the toilet with two 45 degree bends just before it dumps into the tank, well if you don't use enough water the paper will stick to the sides of the pipes and also wont disperse well once in the tank and pile up.:eek: So on day three of four with 5 people staying in the trailer I realize that if you flush it won't go anywhere and it was backed up all three feet of pipe and who knows what else. I tried using a stick to push it down (Didn't work) I tried putting in a gallon of water (Didn't do anything but fill the bowl with grossness).

Eventually i had to climb into my storage where the pipe traveled through and cut out one of the 45's while wearing a trashbag with arm holes and short latex gloves. As soon as I moved that 45 out of the way there was a rush of probably 3 gallons of grossness that shot out at me and covered the floor of the storage comaprtment and start pouring out the doors. After that was said and done and I managed to not puke by breathing through my mouth only I had to clean out the lower portion of the pipe so that things could start working again. I Was scooping hand fulls of "the Grossness" out of the pipe, by the time I hit the tank I was elbow deep in poo. After about 30 minutes of filling trash bags with grossness I was done.

It will be an experience that I will never forget. I used about half of my holding tank of water to scrub myself and the storage area of my trailer and every cleaner and disinfectant I could gather up in the middle of the desert. By the way a trashbag with holes for arms makes a really good rainsuit.:redface:

PeterMcG

Seaman

chris.....grotesque.

I think you are among a very small group of people who can truly appreciate what the character went through crawling through that pipe in Shawshank Redemption.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

This reminds me of me last year. I own a travel trailer and the holding tank is about 3 feet below the toilet with two 45 degree bends just before it dumps into the tank, well if you don't use enough water the paper will stick to the sides of the pipes and also wont disperse well once in the tank and pile up.:eek: So on day three of four with 5 people staying in the trailer I realize that if you flush it won't go anywhere and it was backed up all three feet of pipe and who knows what else. I tried using a stick to push it down (Didn't work) I tried putting in a gallon of water (Didn't do anything but fill the bowl with grossness).

Eventually i had to climb into my storage where the pipe traveled through and cut out one of the 45's while wearing a trashbag with arm holes and short latex gloves. As soon as I moved that 45 out of the way there was a rush of probably 3 gallons of grossness that shot out at me and covered the floor of the storage comaprtment and start pouring out the doors. After that was said and done and I managed to not puke by breathing through my mouth only I had to clean out the lower portion of the pipe so that things could start working again. I Was scooping hand fulls of "the Grossness" out of the pipe, by the time I hit the tank I was elbow deep in poo. After about 30 minutes of filling trash bags with grossness I was done.

It will be an experience that I will never forget. I used about half of my holding tank of water to scrub myself and the storage area of my trailer and every cleaner and disinfectant I could gather up in the middle of the desert. By the way a trashbag with holes for arms makes a really good rainsuit.:redface:

I think I might have tried using a toilet snake....available at your local Home Depot.....ya know , just for poops and giggles....:D

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

chris.....grotesque.

I think you are among a very small group of people who can truly appreciate what the character went through crawling through that pipe in Shawshank Redemption.

Yes, Yes I can, It's kinda funny because I am a pipeline contractor for a living and install sewer pipe and tie into live sewer all the time so I think that made it a little easier to deal with.

I think I might have tried using a toilet snake....available at your local Home Depot.....ya know , just for poops and giggles....:D

^^^:D^^^A snake would have done nothing in this case and the closest Hardware store was at least an hour away and we were already drinking. Imagine a three foot long stick of 4" ABS pipe packed solid like a sausage, it was difficult for my hand to scoop it it out. Just thinking about it is turning my stomach.:(

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

ahhh geeeze ! the only good thing about that is ,...it wasn't me !!! :D

rascal38

Seaman Apprentice

OMG, that is awful. I didn't know smells could really make someone vomit.

Try getting friendly with a skunk and you'll learn an important life lesson!