Need info. on pump for evinrude 35hp motor

stlhdr2

Cadet
I'm looking to put a pump on my 1982 evinrude 35hp outboard motor. A local seller has one with a model number of 27103 and it's on a 70 hp evinrude (mid 70's year). Does anyone have any information on which pumps will fit which engines? I understand that there is only one manufacturer of the pumps, but don't know who it is. I can only get the model number. If anyone knows anything that might help me I would sure appreciate it!!!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need info. on pump for evinrude 35hp motor

I assume you mean a jet pump. I don't think one for a 70 would even be close. A pump will turn your motor into something like 20 to 25 hp.
Probably work good in shallow rocky areas but not so good with sand,muck or weeds.

stlhdr2

Cadet

Yeah, I am referring to a jet pump. I realize I'll lose about 30% of my HP, but I want to use the boat in a river that is pretty shallow in areas. We have a really good run of fall chinook salmon and I'd like to get into some of the areas that are not fished as much.

My boat is light (SmokerCraft Alaskan) and a 20hp motor would push it just fine in the river.

Thanks

stlhdr2

Cadet
Would like to switch from prop to pump

Would like to switch from prop to pump

Anyone have information on which jet pump/s would fit a 1982 Evinrude 35HP outboard motor? I realize I will lose approx. 30% of my HP, however, I will have plenty of power to move my smokercraft alaskan in the little river where I live (nice run of fall chinook).

Any help would be greaty appreciated!!

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Would like to switch from prop to pump

There's only one company that makes them, so you only have one choice, just google "outboard jets". What size Alaskan is it?

stlhdr2

Cadet

It's a 15' boat, center console. Thanks for the information!

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

This is the actual site.

"http://www.outboardjets.com/"

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Don't do it with that motor, go bigger. A good friend of mine works on outboard pumps and has a 13' Alaskan, he's used a few different size motors on it and even with a 50/35 it was slow, 2 people max or it wouldn't plane.
He now has a 60/40 and it works very well, With a 35/25 I don't think you will be happy with how it works. I feel the 30% loss in HP is a little optimistic after using pumps and props on the same hull.

stlhdr2

Cadet

I'll have to mull this one over for a bit. I've seen several boats with pumps in the same range working the river, but haven't spoken with any of them to see if they are happy with the performance of their pump/motor combo.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

What river do you plan on using it on, I don't see any 15's around here with a 35 pump.

stlhdr2

Cadet

I'm on the east side of Washington, so I'll use it on the Yakima River (Lower) only. I'll use the prop on the Snake and Columbia.