Yamaha 50hp Not Getting Fuel In Bottom Cylinder

Chris76166

Recruit
This is my first time posting on the forum, so here we go. I have a 50hp yamaha 3 cyl, P50tlrp, and it is currently running on 2 cylinders. I recently bought it, and after running it, i realised it wasnt running on all cylinders. Compression is good on all 3 cyl. Only thing i noticed is that there is absolutely no fuel on the top of the piston. The other two are wet. The cylinder that isnt getting fuel is the bottom cylinder, and after removing the oil injection pump, i realized there is a ton of fuel pooling in the crankcase. I have no clue what could cause this and im now stumped. Does anyone have any clue what this could be?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Removed the oil injection pump temporarily or permanently? Why?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Is your question about no fuel to the number 3 cylinder or is it about gasoline pooling in the crankcase?

Chris76166

Recruit
Is your question about no fuel to the number 3 cylinder or is it about gasoline pooling in the crankcase?
My question is why the cylinder isnt getting fuel, but there is fuel pooling in the crankcase. Could something be blocking intake ports?

Chris76166

Recruit
Removed the oil injection pump temporarily or permanently? Why?
Removed oil injection due to the fact that the pump was broken, and previous owner did not take care of it. The drive gear was removed and a block off plate was installed.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Clogged carburetor may be the reason for no fuel to the number three cylinder. Mist some gasoline into the throat of the carburetor and see if that cylinder starts working.

A failed diaphragm on the fuel pump can allow gasoline to get into the crank case.

Chris76166

Recruit
Thanks, didnt think of checking the fuel pump. I cleaned all carbs and found 1 of the problems. Vaccum was leaking in the primer solenoid and was sucking air into the carb. Im getting new gaskets so i will let you know how it goes.