Wiring the Minn Kota Heading Sensor (Puck) - Advice needed from other Smoker owners.

Velvetsmack

Recruit
Hopefully someone can help me here. Just purchased a Minn Kota Terrova trolling motor for my Pro Angle xl. Looking for advice on where I can easily hook up the power for the Navigational puck (heading sensor) that comes with it - somewhere where its tied to the master switch - not directly to the power source. First though was the ACC switch on the console but I have no idea what that does at the moment (new boat, have not had it in the water yet!). It seems that its not attached to anything - maybe the trolling motor power itself - no batteries yet. Also though maybe a fuse panel somewhere on the boat I could use with extra terminals. Maybe under the bow? Any suggestions would be helpful. Planning to add the puck to the front-right of the drivers console (no magnetic interference). Thanks ahead of time.

Velvetsmack

Recruit
Hopefully someone can help me here. Just purchased a Minn Kota Terrova trolling motor for my Pro Angle xl. Looking for advice on where I can easily hook up the power for the Navigational puck (heading sensor) that comes with it - somewhere where its tied to the master switch - not directly to the power source. First though was the ACC switch on the console but I have no idea what that does at the moment (new boat, have not had it in the water yet!). It seems that its not attached to anything - maybe the trolling motor power itself - no batteries yet. Also though maybe a fuse panel somewhere on the boat I could use with extra terminals (located under the bow?). Any suggestions would be helpful. Planning to add the puck to the front-right of the drivers console (no magnetic interference). Thanks ahead of time.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Read our rules. One of them deals with multiple threads on the same subject.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The keyed power comes from the controls to the gauges so look for it and jump from a power connector on the first in the daisy chain. I would put an inline fuse as recommended by HB.

Velvetsmack

Recruit
The keyed power comes from the controls to the gauges so look for it and jump from a power connector on the first in the daisy chain. I would put an inline fuse as recommended by HB.
Super thanks on the response - will give it a try. GA_Boater - not an excuse, but I only made the double post from reading others suggesting a do so in the Starcraft forums (The smoker forums are very quiet). Thanks again