winterizing good from year to year??

mnlaker

Cadet
Had my merc 7.4 I/O prof. winterized last year. Choose their deluxe(?) winterizing package. Was supposed to bring it back to them this past summer before using it, so they could get it ready to use (@ no charge). Was doing fiberglass work on boat this summer; & with weather problems here & my summer work schedule, I did not get boat de-winterized (& not splashed). Can I just leave it (winterized) for this upcoming winter, or does it have to be redone each year?
thanks.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: winterizing good from year to year??

Had my merc 7.4 I/O prof. winterized last year. Choose their deluxe(?) winterizing package. Was supposed to bring it back to them this past summer before using it, so they could get it ready to use (@ no charge). Was doing fiberglass work on boat this summer; & with weather problems here & my summer work schedule, I did not get boat de-winterized (& not splashed). Can I just leave it (winterized) for this upcoming winter, or does it have to be redone each year?
thanks.

Howdy,

If it made it through last winter unscathed and you didn't run the engine in water (or start it on a flush adapter etc), it's still "winterized". You do not have to do it each year.

Regards,

Rick

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good to go for another winter...

mnlaker

Cadet

Thanks guys.
That's what I thought, just wanted to get it confirmed.