Winterize a Volvo Penta 5.7GSi in a Four Winns Horizon 210?

ede356

Recruit
Hello folks,<br />what are the major steps to winterize a Volvo Penta 5.7GSi in a Four Winns Horizon 210 besides draining the water out of the engine?

Walt T

Lieutenant
Re: Winterize a Volvo Penta 5.7GSi in a Four Winns Horizon 210?

Change oil in engine and drive, fog it.

geriksen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't forget fuel stabilizer.

charleswmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey,<br /> Since you are one of the few that I've seen running a newer VP Please see my posting regarding a rattle. If your drive is a sx model<br />your upper gear housing is the same as my SX-DP.<br />What I have always done regarding winterize is to <br />bring engine up to operating temp on a water hose then drain the exhaust manifolds /and block. Once this is done use a short piece of hose attached to my earmuffs and start pouring antifreeze into a funnel and let the raw water pump pick it up and circulate it through the motor. This accomplishes a few things, one if you have any power steering or trans coolers it covers them also a freshwater heat exchanger. The antifreeze may also inhibit rusting over the winter. Don't forget to drain and refill drive section and also engine oil. I also use fuel stab into tank prior to winterize to ensure the carb has gas left in it that has been treated. Thier are many ways but this has worked for me and my buddies for many a year. Ps I place a 60watt bulb in engine compartment through the winter to keep condensation off my external engine components.<br />Charlei