Windshield adjustment too close

lmccollum4

Cadet
I have a 1988 Cheeta ski boat, 19', open bow. The walkthrough windshields are too close together for the middle glass door to close, it needs about 1/2" more clearance. I have looked under the dash but don't see any way to adjust or loosen the windshield so it could be spread apart. Any ideas? Does anyone know how the windshield is attached to the fiberglass? I know it is not glued because it does wiggle just a bit.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Windshield adjustment too close

It's Bolted on..........<br />Takes a 3/8ths" deep scocket from the bottom......<br /><br />You're going to find that your Problem is Actually the sides of your Hull are Collasping in upon themselfs...........<br />You need a new Brace accross the walk-thru to Push the Hull back Out........<br /><br />Good Luck........

ericm

Cadet
Re: Windshield adjustment too close

I find that after some rough running and standing with right arm leaning on windshield, when I close the window it rubs the driver's window at the top. If I grab the top of the window frame on the sides about where the throttle control is and give a few short pushes out, the whole frame slides over a bit ( you can't really see it) and gives me clearance. It's as if the frame is pushed out of shape from the pounding and my leaning on it. I guess my frame slides a bit around the actual windshield.