Whos burning all the oil?

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This morning I read some interesting facts it was in a paper so it may not be true. But India and Thialand have sold 20% more cars than last year, China sold 50% more cars than the year before which was 42% up on the previous year. This will keep increasing as their economy becomes stronger and stronger.<br /><br />The demand for oil is now reaching the limit where there isnt enough refinery capacity to meet it thus prices will keep rising. <br /><br />Time now to reduce the size of engines and increase thier efficiency or move to alternatives?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Whos burning all the oil?

both mate... is one reason I chose a light boat<br />with a 4cyl. next step is a 4cyl. diesel if prices<br />keep rising as i expect.<br />as for cars, MY deville gets about 25mpg avg. on<br />the highway, which isn't bad for a V8 :D

cmyers_uk

V8 humm you must live in America ;) <br /><br />Landrover were only releasing a 300HP V8 petrol in the states for their LR3. They now are considering the V8 Diesel 190HP but 27Mpg. Thats right Diesel!

ndemge

Commander

chris... In the UK, when you pop the hood, does it usually say Brigs or Techkumse?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ndemge.<br /><br />In the UK you pop the bonnet to see the engine. The hood is what you put up on your roadster to keep the rain out. :)

cmyers_uk

ndemge,<br /><br />Not sure what you mean sorry! Good to see JB educating you with the Queens English :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Chris Myers:<br /> ndemge, Not sure what you mean sorry!
Well Chris, let's just say it was a good natured ribbing! But I'll have to let ndemge explain himself. After all it is his joke! :D

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a friend that has a F-350 Crew Cab Dually Power Stroke 8' bed. And with the powerchip he is getting close to 29mpg average on the hwy (As long as he keeps it at or under 62mph) and 25 in town and can go 0 - 60 in 9.9 seconds. Wish they would put that motor in a 18 foot boat.<br /><br /> http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showphoto.php?photo=13004&sort=7&thecat=500&password= <br /><br />Craig

Bondo

Staff member

Wish they would put that motor in a 18 foot boat.<br />
Mercruiser used this motor(7.3l) for quite a few years........<br />It Might still be ava......<br />I'm looking for a set of Manifolds for 1.... <br />I've got the motor......