Where can you find 1950's 2-line tanks?

Fiftyfivefloater

Seaman Apprentice
My Dad just brought me the old 2-line tank that went with the '55 Evinrude Fastwin motor. It has all the parts but the inside is rust city. :(
Was hoping to get a rebuild kit but I think this one has way too much rust. The sight glass and fuel level indicator are still in good shape. The fittings and the internal bracing brackets, cap, finger pump, hose fittings and connectors all look good.The fuel filter and line look pretty rough. The can itself is just getting very thin on top and, as I mentioned before, has tons of rusty sludge in it.

Is there any place you can still find these tanks?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where can you find 1950's 2-line tanks?

ebay is your best bet. pressurized tank. johnson/evinrude tank.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

You might send samo_ott a pm I understand that he has several and might be willing to make a deal with you.:cool:

kbait

Commander

I put an ad in craigslist 'wanted' section for pressure tanks, and I bought 6 for $20 each. 4 of 'em worked as is, and 2 just needed connector o-rings.. Give it a shot. I'm down to 2 now, so I'll have to get more. One guy that I got 3 of 'em from said he hadn't used 'em in 20+ years. He had just emptied 'em and added a cup of oil to prevent rust. Worked well.