what plugs to use

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've got two different books telling me two different types of plugs for my engine. Its a ford omc v-8 5.0L HO 1995 2bbl holley carb. One book tells me champion rv8c the other tells me champion rv15yc-4

thrasher

Chief Petty Officer
Re: what plugs to use

I don't know what the correct plug is for your engine, but can't you look at one of the plugs already in the engine and see if it matches either of the models given by your 2 books?

Gary

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My first question would be "What are the 2 books you are looking at"?
If you go to the OMC/BRP Parts Catalog you will find they recommend the RV15YC4 for some of the 95's, but I don't have your full model number, so have a look at the link above with your actual model number. Note, it may be a 94 model in a 95 boat.

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

the ones that were in the engine are br6fs but on the engine it says to use the other ones (rv15yc-4). I think it does call for the rv15yc-4 from what i can tell from the link that was on the last post. The model # is 502aphub. also one other thing i noticed was the foward and aft plugs on the port side were wight and clean of deposits like they were real hot or something. any idea what would cause that one?

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

i checked them again and i didn't notice any water. in the past when i get water in a cylinder i was always able to spot it on the plug. can anything else cause it besides it being too lean because we just did have the carb rebuilt.
also i did try both sets of plugs and it actually runs better on the ones it doesn't call for. but more important is that they are white but only the front and back ones of the port side, and it did it with both sets of plugs. also i am only getting 3000 rpms.