What do you use to wash your boat?

gerds

Cadet
Just curious on what you guys are using when its boat washing time. Brand of wash, home made thats gelcoat safe? Any suggestions for inside, ie: carpets, vinyl, canvas, etc. Gonna tackle the job this weekend to get ready for the first trip of the summer. Thanks.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What do you use to wash your boat?

I was just doing a search for this very same question.
I did find that people like magic eraser for the boat vinyl and simple green for the carpet. Wax is all over the place. Seems everyone is using something different. 3M and Maguires 3 step came up allot.
I can't find what you should use for a clean boat that doesn't need wax, just a good soap that will not harm or leave residue on gel coat and graphics.:confused:

I use four seasons tree wax works well also a secret use shower shield for boats and rv's spray this on before the season rinse and when u pull your boat out just rinse the boat an all the grenn stuff falls right off works well.

gerds

Cadet

Yeah thats what I'm looking for. Iv'e got some wax made by driven. My buddy uses it and loves it. I, like you, am looking for a good wash like you said. Hopefully someone will give us some suggestions.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

Gerds,
I went and bought some Turtle wax wash-n-wax soap. Safe for boats and RVs and does not strip wax.

studlymandingo

Commander

I would prefer bikini-clad coeds to do the washing;) , but when unavailable (so far always) I use an oxygenated powder cleaner similar to the oxy-blast stuff. It really gets the tannin, rust, and bird-poop stains out nicely.​

gerds

Cadet

I would prefer bikini-clad coeds to do the washing;) , but when unavailable (so far always) I use an oxygenated powder cleaner similar to the oxy-blast stuff. It really gets the tannin, rust, and bird-poop stains out nicely.​

Awsome!! Still laughing.
Thanks RCS, I'll look in to the turtle wax stuff.
Studly, are you talking about regular old oxi-clean, or something more specific.
Thanks for the help everyone.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just curious on what you guys are using when its boat washing time. Brand of wash, home made thats gelcoat safe? Any suggestions for inside, ie: carpets, vinyl, canvas, etc. Gonna tackle the job this weekend to get ready for the first trip of the summer. Thanks.

My children as often as possible. Failing that my power washer. Coat of wax at the end of the season and the beginning of the next season.

studlymandingo

Commander

The stuff I use is an industrial version of the oxi-clean, I get it in 5 gallon buckets from a concrete supplier. I think it is probably the same stuff in a bigger container.​