water cominig up shift cable

gregdorado

Seaman Apprentice
alpha gen 2 bell housing ser no ol831264 model no 6111001ls water is coming up shift cable. i have removed the upper shift shaft and bushing and seals. when i removed the seals they were both beneth the bushing. whith the spring side of the seal facing the bushing. shouldent the sring side of the seal face down. towards the exhaust to seal the water from the engine cooling out

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: water cominig up shift cable

hgello<br /> I must admit the seals in the alpha gen II sux. put the springs down and it wont leak as fast. there are several aftermarket seal/bushings availible. if you wont tell anyone the older metal cased outboard shift shaft seals will work better than the rust away crap the factory sends us. I have seen some here rust away by the second year. I am less than impressed with this seal. the only seal worse is the propshaft seal on the volvo SX.<br /> good luck and keep posting

gregdorado

Seaman Apprentice
Re: water cominig up shift cable

thanks for the replys guys. comon sense tells me that the springs should face what you are trying to seal out. so that the preasure of what ever you are trying to seal will force the lips of the seal tighter on to the shaft. got to go now its time to milk the kangaroos. thanks till next time gregdorado