Was wondering if this is any good "Seachoice 15 foot outriggers"

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I spotted a brand new "Seachoice 15' Outrigger Kit, Black & Gold" on FB Market Place close to me. It is a complete kit/setup and only $30.00.

Is it even worth it and installing?
Depends on how you plan to use them.

My boat came with a set gunnel mtg. 15’ aluminum outrigger poles. Used them for a couple seasons and they have laid out in the barn ever since.
Too light for offshore work. Use triple board planers Striper fishing.

Last edited:

jhande

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry, I should have included my use.

I only do freshwater lakes and ponds. Usually bass fishing but would like to try my hand at lake trout and landlocked salmon.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, I should have included my use.

I only do freshwater lakes and ponds. Usually bass fishing but would like to try my hand at lake trout and landlocked salmon.
Outriggers where designed for top water fishing. Typically used to pull a "spread" teasers, and baits out and away from the boat in an attempt to attract then entice the fish to come to the surface to feed.

I used outriggers to troll two additional large parachute baits (up to 8 oz.) per side but they are cumbersome and not easy to use in that application. If you get hit on the outside clip, you must bring both lines in to reset the outside clip.

If your looking to try your hand at lake trout or salmon you would be better off saving your money to buy a good set of down riggers.

jhande

Chief Petty Officer
Outriggers where designed for top water fishing. Typically used to pull a "spread" teasers, and baits out and away from the boat in an attempt to attract then entice the fish to come to the surface to feed.

I used outriggers to troll two additional large parachute baits (up to 8 oz.) per side but they are cumbersome and not easy to use in that application. If you get hit on the outside clip, you must bring both lines in to reset the outside clip.

If your looking to try your hand at lake trout or salmon you would be better off saving your money to buy a good set of down riggers.
Thank you!
I don't foresee me doing much lake trout or salmon fishing so wasn't sure if for $30 it would be a good way of getting my feet wet so to speak.

My local sporting shop said I should just try using a Dipsy Diver(?) with rod & reel.