Wacanda

charestv

Recruit
When I moved into my house there was a boat in the yard. And at first I thought nothing of it. Well a couple years go by and we're to now so I decide to pull it out of the weeds clean it out and powerwash it and throw a new tire on the trailer. That takes me to now. Where I am in the process of finding out how to obtain ownership of sed boat so I can register it and actually use it. I don't know the year or anything about it other then it says wacanda on the back. But I'm excited to fix this up so I can have a nice piece of history and be able to have something unique that I can take my wife and daughters out on. I've joined other forums and have not been welcomed as they don't seem to see this project as I do and hopefully as all of you do. Which isn't about money but the history of the boat and memories that will be created on it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230619_162834.jpg
    thumbnail_20230619_162834.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 9
  • thumbnail_20230619_162856.jpg
    thumbnail_20230619_162856.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • thumbnail_20230622_162142.jpg
    thumbnail_20230622_162142.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 9
  • thumbnail_20230622_162145.jpg
    thumbnail_20230622_162145.jpg
    887.1 KB · Views: 9

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
First, welcome aboard

Contact your local registration authority. They will advise on steps needed to become a legal owner

Additionally, good boats are not abandoned. Before spending money, check the transom and stringers for rot

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard. There's a little about Wacanda HERE. That boat looks like a late 60s or early 70s model to me. Is there a capacity plate on the boat (usually up by the helm) or a Hull ID Number stamped into the stern (Usually on the starboard side under the rub rail)?

charestv

Recruit
i already did contact who i needed and i am currently in process of filing an abandoned boat listing. The hull of the boat and even the trailer are both solid. From the quick cleaning and looking ive done on it this boat seems to be all fiberglass with minimal wood. The only main problem that i notice is that the boat may need to be repowered if i cannot fix the engine. it needs to be fully rewired to begin with so that may be the first thing i work on. The hull number predates the 12 digit standard numbers that are used now so theres no way to find anything on it (the number is 6218)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Good morning - cool boat! I certainly am not in your shoes, but I think I would be thinking the same as you are. You are already getting some good input from the good folks here. Yep, get the paperwork figured-out first, then if youre gonna get it ready to take out, think about safety for your passengers (family) out on the water for everything else you do.

charestv

Recruit
Good morning - cool boat! I certainly am not in your shoes, but I think I would be thinking the same as you are. You are already getting some good input from the good folks here. Yep, get the paperwork figured-out first, then if youre gonna get it ready to take out, think about safety for your passengers (family) out on the water for everything else you do.
Defiantly the first thing will be safety of everyone aboard it will need a few successful trips out before the wife and kids even have the option of going on it