VP SX Drive Corrosion Concerns

seamegr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all, my VP SX spends 5 months in a fresh water lake. It has just finished the 4th year, so approx 20 months.<br /><br />There is more corrosion than I would expect to see, paint peeled and little white spots. Close to disimilar metals like the stainless nuts and studs.<br /><br />After the first year I installed a Volvo Penta Active Corrosion System, it has 2 aluminum anodes.<br />I replaced the large aluminum anode with a magnesium anode. Still the corrosion gets worse year by year.<br /><br />The marina is small and there is no shore power, but there are a few AC lights on the docks. I did not think to ask any of my dock mates if they have problems.<br /><br />Has anyone seen the same thing? :confused: <br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Greg

Re: VP SX Drive Corrosion Concerns

I have the VP SX drive on my boat (2002) and it does the same thing as does every boat that I have seen with this drive. I just treat it. Clean it with a brush and oil it up..

seamegr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: VP SX Drive Corrosion Concerns

Senior, thanks for your input. I will check others locally in the spring.<br /><br />Greg