Underwater Transom Lights

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Underwater Transom Lights

Thats pretty cool. I've never seen that before. I've only seen the through hull lights which I was looking into for my boat but I had no idea they were that expensive!! There was one on there for $1000!!! Rediculous!

did you already buy them because there are lights that could save you a lot of money and time. they get mounted onto the cavation plate of your outboard if thats the motor you have. that would mean no holes in the transom i forgot the name of them but they work great please look into them before you buy those.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

What is something like that for?

what do you mean it goes on your trim tabs or outboard motor cavitaion plate for lighting the stern of the boat at night.

sasto

Captain

I installed one for a friend that screwed into the garboard drain fitting on the transom. Wired up to a plug for easy removal if needed. Think was Perko, at a much lower price. We use them here to attract baitfish at night, which in turn attracts the bug 'uns.

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer

The one for the drain plug is pretty cool and I like the idea of not drilling holes. I think they look pretty cool at night too.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

good idea, overpriced...
Sasto, you use green or white?

sasto

Captain

good idea, overpriced...
Sasto, you use green or white?

Hi Kev,

green for snook....white for swardfish.....blue for the ladies at cocktail hour.

2 different boats have them. Both types have interchangeable lens covers for the 3 colors.

sasto

Captain

May want to check out hurleymarine.com for underwater screw in lights. I believe they have other styles also at a reasonable price.

deltachi82

Recruit

Has anyone used led trailer lights below the waterline? They are billed as submersible.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Hi Kev,

green for snook....white for swardfish.....blue for the ladies at cocktail hour.

These are the ones on my boat. This is in the murky water of Jacksonville, Fl. In clear water, they are absolutely incredible.

DSCN5596.jpgDSCN5598.jpg