trim sensor location-omc

geno368

Cadet
I am replacing switches/gauges on my 86 70 Johnson powered pontoon...The kit I bought has a trim gauge which I did not have on my dash..I want to add the gauge, but don't know where the sensor is. Anyone know? Thanks

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: trim sensor location-omc

Should be on the inside left of the transom bracket where it can sense the movement of the motor as it is tilted in and out. It is black. The wiring will feed up to the tilt and trim wiring box if there is one, or feed into the harness with the Tilt and Trim switch wire if not.<br /><br />If there is no sensor, it is not hard to place one there.<br /><br />The sensor part is shown as 102 on the "Midsection" diagram in the BRP parts diagram section for your motor.<br /> BRP Parts Diagrams<br /><br />The sensor used must match the gauge.

geno368

Cadet

Thanks for your help..I am unable to figure out the brp diagrams you mentioned

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

On the first page on the link....<br /><br />click on "View Parts Catalog"<br /><br />on the next page in the upper left corner is a drop down menu called "Product".<br /><br />Drop the menu and chose "Johnson". Click "GO"<br /><br />Next page click on the "Year".<br /><br />Next page click on the "horsepower".<br /><br />Next page click on your model number.<br /><br />Next page, choose what parts page you want and click on it. You should get a parts breakdown for that page/section of the engine.