transom Exaust

terrylee

Cadet
I was wondering if would be costly to put the Exhaust through the transom. Can I use the manifolds I have now, how would I block off where the exhaust goes in to the out drive unit. It has a 4.3 v-6 with a alpha generation one outdrive just wondering. I love the way those exhaust sound but like my big family boat as well is there a way to have both. I was also told this would help the engine breath better and perform better.

thanks.......

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: transom Exaust

I was wondering if would be costly to put the Exhaust through the transom. Can I use the manifolds I have now,
Yes, but you will need new risers.....

how would I block off where the exhaust goes in to the out drive unit.
You remove the y pipe & get a block off plate that they make for that....

It has a 4.3 v-6 with a alpha generation one outdrive just wondering. I love the way those exhaust sound but like my big family boat as well is there a way to have both. I was also told this would help the engine breath better and perform better.

thanks.......
There is a system called Captain's Choice, that allows you to do thru hull or exhaust through the prop....
I don't have a link, but I am sure someone will.....
No idea of the co$t.......:)

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Corsa makes systems with captains call but you are talking some bucks. If you used mufflers it might not be too loud at idle speed. As you are moving on plane most of the sound is behind you so that really wouldn't be much of an issue. On a V6, personally I wouldn't bother. I don't want to ruin your day but its not going to sound like a V8. The V8 has that sweet rumble, a V6 would sound more like a weed whacker in my opinion. You would probably gain a few HP though.

Bondo

Staff member

I don't want to ruin your day but its not going to sound like a V8. The V8 has that sweet rumble, a V6 would sound more like a weed whacker in my opinion. You would probably gain a few HP though.

Ayuh,........

I've got home made Thru Hulls on My 4.3LX,.......

I'd liken the Noise to more like a little Cessna airplane flying over head........
A real unexciting Drone is about Right..........

And,....... The performance Increase,........... It Ain't There.........;)