Tilt Trailer

jesse1

Recruit
Does anyone still make tilt trailers? Someone said magic tilt, but their site doesn't list them. I have a 18 foot go devil mud boat that I need to launch in very shallow water. Just wondering if anyone still made them. A google search didn't result in an easy find

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I haven't seen a new one in years. Most people never learned how to use them properly (read owner's manual, yeah right), the dealers moved to cheap to sell their packages, and thus they became obsolete.

My first 3 trailers were tilt. I used them every time. When I bought the 4th trailer I was disappointed.

When EZLoader came out with the first all roller trailer, that also sealed the fate of a tilt bed.

Go with full rollers (no more than 125 lbs per roller) and it'll work almost as good as a tilter.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
my current fishing boat has a tilt trailer...... manufactured in 1957

57crestliner

Seaman

Continental Trailers C515 Galvanized Tilt Boat Trailer​

5787 54th Avenue North

St. Petersburg, FL, 33709
Says 2021 model, try them?

Krazeehorse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My bad Jim. I thought the hardware hanging under the tongue where the frame rails met it was a safety chain. Perhaps that is just wiring not tucked away.

jesse1

Recruit
I haven't seen a new one in years. Most people never learned how to use them properly (read owner's manual, yeah right), the dealers moved to cheap to sell their packages, and thus they became obsolete.

My first 3 trailers were tilt. I used them every time. When I bought the 4th trailer I was disappointed.

When EZLoader came out with the first all roller trailer, that also sealed the fate of a tilt bed.

Go with full rollers (no more than 125 lbs per roller) and it'll work almost as good as a tilter.
Thanks! I never even thought of a roller trailer. That should solve all my shallow water launches. The place I need to launch is less than knee deep for about a half a mile, and sometimes more shallow. The dual mud motors will get me there, if i can ever get in and out of it.
This is my rig

topgun3690

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks! I never even thought of a roller trailer. That should solve all my shallow water launches. The place I need to launch is less than knee deep for about a half a mile, and sometimes more shallow. The dual mud motors will get me there, if i can ever get in and out of it.
This is my rig
Nice! Never seen a mud motor twin.....until now....Lol

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
sounds like a pair of riding lawnmowers