Tested out the new trim tabs yesterday!

tjthorson

Seaman
Well, to all those that discussed my HORRIBLE boating experience 3 weeks ago, the trim tabs were worth EVERY PENNY of the $529.00.<br /><br />I bought the Lenco electrics and installed them last week. I also found 6 misc leaks in the hull (missing screws and stuff) which I patched up and I never even needed the bilge once yeasterday (unlike every 10 minutes before!)<br /><br />Yesterday I took the boat out with 3 adults in it. A far cry from the 4 adults and 4 kids the day of my horrible, no plane, bow in the air day from a few weeks back. The trim tabs worked flawlessly. I bought 18x9 tabs. I had the tabs down, I left the motor fully trimmed up and hit the throttle. It was like a rocket. Planes out at about 12 MPH, 4 foot streams of water shooting from both sides of the boat from the bow cutting the water. Then, I hit the tabs up and it takes off, right to 30MPH faster then it ever did. I am going to take off the waste of $150 17 pitch prop and put the 19 back on next time.<br /><br />Its like a new boat. Thanks to everyone that helped. It gives me a few more years to learn/break this boat before I go get a nice deck boat (THAT is my destiny!)<br /><br />Thanks to everyone. If you are considering trim tabs, I HIGHLY recommend them. I bought the electrics from Overtons.com.