SV 18 CC, Any insight?

peleg

Cadet
Hey all,

My family inheireted a Fisher SV-18 CC from my wife's granddad last year. It needed some work and I have put a lot into it. The capacity plate was faded (due to sunlight, I guess) so badly that you can't read it. I was curious about some of the capacity info, and even simple things like how large the fuel tank is, so I called Fisher. They have no record of this model.

On Google I have found SV-18 SC and DC but no reference to CC which is the center console verison. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this boat. It is a 1986 model.

Thanks

Attachments

• Fisher_SV-18_CC.jpg
    Fisher_SV-18_CC.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 6

tunacious

Seaman Apprentice
Re: SV 18 CC, Any insight?

I just sold my 1989 SV-18 cc. The boat had a 115 Suzuki when I bought it and I think that is the max power. Motor blew up the first time out and I replaced with a 70 Yamaha. The 70 did fine. Fuel tank on mine was 20 gallons. Capacity plate said 5 people but dont remember the weight. This is a great boat that I may regret selling. If you need more info, let me know. If you want to sell it, let me know. Good luck and have fun with her.

peleg

Cadet

Now that is what I call a quick response. Thank you.

Yeah, mine has a 70HP Nissan. It still runs good (as far as I can tell) for being an 21 year old motor that has had a pretty good bit of use. It is a little hard to start when cold but then cranks no problem. I had wondered about the max hp in case this engine ever does give up on me. 115 was actually about was I had guesstimated. I think it would run pretty well with the extra hp, but I am seeing some issues with the transom bending/bowing backwards and causing the two aluminum stuts/stringers/whatever in the splashwell to begin cracking where the bolting flanges turn out on them. I am going to see if I can't find someone who can weld aluminum to add some angle or stock of some sort and weld it in place to reinforce that area and keep if from cracking any more.

I appreciat the fuel capacity info too. The fuel guage didn't work at all when I got the boat, so I was scared to run it more than what I thought was 10 or so gallons at a time. I did rewire most of the console and have power to it now, but it still doesn't appear to show the correct fuel level. I will probably have to mess around with the sender.

I don't really have much experience with aluminum boats, but it really seems to be built very well. It seems to be much more heavy duty than my father-in-laws Alumicraft boat. I have had to put a lot of work into the wiring and stuff, but I have been very happy with it so far.

Thanks again for the information.

jraymond60

Recruit

I have a 1990 right console version I bought this winter. The transom board was rotted out to my surprise. $1500 later I have a boat instead of scrape metal.

tallest01

Recruit

I have the same issue here... Is there any way of getting a replacement capacity tag... Fisher was purchased by tracker in 98' and can't provide any info on the older Fishers...

What can be done?

Steve

sharkbait1

Recruit

Hello I have that same boat it has a 21 gallon tank Im looking for an owners manuel If you know where to get one let me know

sharkbait1

Recruit

If you have the owners manuel it will tell you I spoke with the coast guard they said just print a copy of it and keep it on the boat.