Suzuki Running on 3 cylinders after partial sinking

woahthere

Recruit
Hello, I have a 70hp Suzuki four stroke. The boat got stuck under a dock and was partially submerged when the engine was tilted up. Only the front/bottom of the engine got wet. I immediately rinsed it in fresh water and have started to try and get it running. It starts after a few tries if I give it throttle and will run on 3 cylinders only. The bottom 4th cylinder is not working. Where do I start? I'm guessing clean or replace spark plug and maybe spray WD40 inside? Could this be an electrical issue? Thanks for any advice you may have.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Suzuki Running on 3 cylinders after partial sinking

If possible, pull the boat and motor out of the water, remove cowl and rinse with fresh water thoroughly, let it air dry and/or use an air hose, then start going through all your electrical connections to inspect, clean, lubricate, re-tighten. Remove, inspect and replace all spark plugs, as required. Check, clean fuel filters, pumps, fuel lines. If this was a salt water dunking then take your time and do it right and you should be O.K., hopefully!:eek:

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki Running on 3 cylinders after partial sinking

my manual gives a procedure if engine is submerged. find yours and follow it. If not, previous thread is what most recommend, you may have water in one of the carbs.