Stony Lake/Burleigh Falls ON Information Wanted

seamegr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, does anyone have any information about this area, specifically we are planning on spending 4 days at the Burleigh Island lodge. I have all the charts for the area.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Greg

wgoodhoofd

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Stony Lake/Burleigh Falls ON Information Wanted

Hello.<br />We cottage in the Gravenhurst Ontario area and have been near the Burleigh Falls/Stoney Lake area once or twice. There is a TERRIFIC cruising guide for this area, and the entire Trent-Severn Waterway system called Ports that I highly recommend. That said, I'll let you know some stuff about the area from the guide.<br /><br />As I'm sure you can see from the charts, Stoney Lake is a very "island-rich" lake, right in the hear of cottage country. It gets very busy during the summer months and there are many areas for boating equipment and maintenance. THere is a single lock in the area at Burleigh Falls and that lock is a small price per foot of boat. Stoney Lake is very beautiful and there are many areas for exploration and such.<br /><br />Hope that helps you out somewhat, see you on the lake!