Static setback

cymru

Seaman
I am planning on adding a setback to my BF90, as the motor doesn't raise all the way up due to the engine cover banging up against the built in transom locker. This means I can't use the chocks to take the weight of the motor off the tilt rod. I am looking at getting a custom made Stainless Steel 75mm (about three inches) offset. Any thoughts on whether this should be the same distance top and bottom or whether it should taper down at the bottom? Photo shows what I mean, but is a solid one.100_2977.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Static setback

I am planning on adding a setback to my BF90, as the motor doesn't raise all the way up due to the engine cover banging up against the built in transom locker. This means I can't use the chocks to take the weight of the motor off the tilt rod. I am looking at getting a custom made Stainless Steel 75mm (about three inches) offset. Any thoughts on whether this should be the same distance top and bottom or whether it should taper down at the bottom? Photo shows what I mean, but is a solid one.

Ayuh,... What's the hull's transom angle,..??
'n what angle does that motor like to live at,..??

How does it handle at the present angle,..??

cymru

Seaman
Re: Static setback

Ayuh,... What's the hull's transom angle,..??
'n what angle does that motor like to live at,..??

How does it handle at the present angle,..??

All excellent questions. The answer is, I'm not sure! From the Qs I woukd say a parallel setback would seem to be the way to go.