stalls after half hour

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got a crusader 270 model. After about a half an hour of driving it will stall. When it stalls it surges and then is hard to start, i have to pump the throttle. I already changed the fuel pump, the filter in the carb, and the remote filter, there is also another filter on the engine i didn't change but was very clean.
It seems like it is a fuel problem because of the way it surges when it is about to stall. It looks like someone takes the throttle and pushes it down then up then down etc....and how i have to pump the throttle to start it makes it seem like it is fuel.
I do see fuel going into the carb though at the dock i disconnected the throttle and pumped it with the engine running and fuel looks like it is going in just fine.
Can it still be the carb, any other ideas?? It is so hard because it doesn't happen for a while after we start the engine.
Also, when i am running i have it at about 3000rpms for that half hour before it dies.

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: stalls after half hour

thanks, my only question then would be on the set-up. If i can't cut the fuel line to tie in the gauge will there be enough room between the fuel line fitting and the fuel pump fitting to fit the gauge's fittings, because those fuel lines are stiff and can't bend.

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

yeah, i'm not sure how to get this fitting to fit between the pump and the fuel line going to the pump because there is no play in the fuel line.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't have a clue how your Crusader is set up. Got some pictures you can post of your filter and pump?

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

actually i was looking at the wrong type of pressure and vacuum gauge set-up. I looked at the picture of the one from snap on that was recomended and it looks like it will be able to work. Just ordered it and it should be here today. In the intrum i pulled the carb and sent it out to be rebuilt.

Thank you.