St. Johns River Rat

CODE-1

Seaman Apprentice
Hi River Rat, <br />Where do live in that area? I'm over in DeBary in Meadowlea.<br />Ron

Re: St. Johns River Rat

Mornin' Code-1,<br /><br />I actually live in the Lk. Brantley area. But do a lot of boating up on the river. Buddy and I were messing with the boat last night. Hopefully,<br />I won't miss much of the boating season. <br />I have an 18ft. pontoon. Ricketty old thing with lots of memories. <br />With your name, might I assume you are with fire-rescue or local LEO?<br /><br />Rat

CODE-1

Seaman Apprentice

G'morning to you Rat, <br />You're right, I'm a retired fireman from the City of Miami. I've got a 20' Fiesta pontoon that I just put a new 70 four stroke Suzuki on and love it. Hope you get your boat working. There's nothing like that river. Take care. <br /><br />Ron

Mornin' Ron,<br /><br />BTW, my name is Jerry, but I prefer the Rat.<br />I'm sure our paths will cross one day. <br />Found the problem. Force engines have a short<br />travel for the clutch-dog gear. Force gears also have an inherently bad design. We needed to do some creative adjustments. Ran it on the lake the other night, problem solved. I think that this was a way for the boating gods to get me to do some much needed(?) maintenance. Don't know, don't matter. Motor hums for now (knock on wood).<br /><br />Be good, I'll keep in touch. Maybe we'll meet up The Shady Oak at Crow's Bluff one day and I'll buy ya a drink.<br /><br />Rat

CODE-1

Seaman Apprentice

G'morning Rat,<br /><br />Glad to hear you solved your problem. Sounds like you must be a good mechanic. Shady Oaks sounds good too,love their cat fish. Good luck, stay dry. <br /><br />Take care,Ron