Serial number

Dianel

Recruit
We are restoring a 1959 Herters Flying Fish. Does anyone know where the serial number is located? Also we are missing the glove box. Is it still possible to get parts? Thanks so much for any help. Don and Diane

Bondo

Staff member
We are restoring a 1959 Herters Flying Fish. Does anyone know where the serial number is located? Also we are missing the glove box. Is it still possible to get parts? Thanks so much for any help. Don and Diane
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,...... Bein' a '59, it most likely has no serial number, 'n I doubt you'll find parts such as a glove box,....

Stuff like that, you build yer own,...

Dianel

Recruit
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,...... Bein' a '59, it most likely has no serial number, 'n I doubt you'll find parts such as a glove box,....

Stuff like that, you build yer own,...
Thanks so much!!! We also have restored a few cars and it’s always easy to buy parts from companies that manufacture them new such as summit etc. Not so much with this boat. Lol. Do you know if we will have trouble registering it with no serial number? Thanks for your help. 😀

Bondo

Staff member
Thanks so much!!! We also have restored a few cars and it’s always easy to buy parts from companies that manufacture them new such as summit etc. Not so much with this boat. Lol. Do you know if we will have trouble registering it with no serial number? Thanks for your help. 😀
Ayuh,..... It depends on yer State, 'n what they require,......

Most places want an old registration,.... some just a bill of sale,....

Dianel

Recruit
Oh dear. I bought it about 10 years ago from someone on Craigslist in Minnesota where we are from. I didn’t get any papers with it that I can recall. It’s been in the shed ever since. I will check with the DMV tomorrow. Thanks so much. Diane.