Seats

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
Not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I have a 2000 bayliner capri 2152 cuddy cabin. I had the entire boat gutted for a year while I fixed the bilge and stringers and put new engine and drive. During this process I some how lost my port and starboard rear seats. I can't seem to find mine or any other for sale to replace then. I'm not worried about color as everything needs new vinyl anyway. So question is how do I find the seats that fit the original set up? It's a 3 piece set where the middle seat acts as the engine cover.

todhunter

Canoeist
You'll have to either build new yourself or find someone that does boat interiors and have them build it for you. Only other option is getting lucky enough to find someone with the same boat who is willing to part out just the pieces you need.

tpenfield

Staff member
Perhaps they got thrown away with the restoration debris, but keep looking.

Options would be to:

1) find another Bayliner 2152 in a salvage yard,
or
2) make new seats. If they are just the seat bases (not the backrests) it should be fairly easy to fabricate a base.

If you are going to get the seats re-upholstered, then the upholster could add the foam cushion and re-make the vinyl skin from pictures of same/similar boats, and replicate the pattern/color scheme from the other seats.

hopes&dreams83

Seaman Apprentice
Perhaps they got thrown away with the restoration debris, but keep looking.

Options would be to:

1) find another Bayliner 2152 in a salvage yard,
or
2) make new seats. If they are just the seat bases (not the backrests) it should be fairly easy to fabricate a base.

If you are going to get the seats re-upholstered, then the upholster could add the foam cushion and re-make the vinyl skin from pictures of same/similar boats, and replicate the pattern/color scheme from the other seats.
I actually made a template today. Idk how good it will work but I'm going to give it a go. I have the back rest but this is one of those seat cushions that pull out and connect to engine cover to make a bed. If it doesn't work out I made just change the entire seating arrangement