Rinker 282 trailer

vroom ZOOM

Chief Petty Officer
Hi, just got a 2005 rinker 282 and need help picking out a trailer. The boat is listed as being 29 feet long. I went ahead and looked at a trailer that was listed as being for a 28 foot boat. Problem was, that when I went to measure it, the distance from the bow stop to the back of the bunks is only 22 feet. Is this normal, and does the 29 feet of the boat include the length of the swim platform? Need advice on what to look for.

Thanks

Scott06

Admiral
Hi, just got a 2005 rinker 282 and need help picking out a trailer. The boat is listed as being 29 feet long. I went ahead and looked at a trailer that was listed as being for a 28 foot boat. Problem was, that when I went to measure it, the distance from the bow stop to the back of the bunks is only 22 feet. Is this normal, and does the 29 feet of the boat include the length of the swim platform? Need advice on what to look for.

Thanks
Should be big enough that the rear bunks extend just beyond the transom. Either it is not actually for a 28 ft boat or the bow stop needs to come forward. you will pick up a few feet as the bow stop where it hits the angle of the bow is behind the front of the boat.

alldodge

Staff member
Is this normal, and does the 29 feet of the boat include the length of the swim platform? Need advice on what to look for.
Depends on boat manufacture. Not putting down the boats calling them lower end, just some a method to separate in terms

Lower end boat manufactures count the swim platform, Rinker, Chaparral, Bayliner, Glastron, etc

Higher end manufactures don't count swim platform, Formula, Cobalt, etc

You need a trailer which will fit the hull length and pay no attention to the swim deck

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
To expand on AD and Scotts posts. My 24 foot boat is 26 feet long. It's listed now to transom

It's on a 29 foot long trailer (23.5 feet from bow stop to rear frame member)

The bow stop is adjustable both fore/aft and vertically

The bunks and bunk brackets were custom made by me to fit my boat and keep the height low

Some shallow dead rise boats will use a shorter trailer as the bow stop sits so far behind the bow tip. Some steep deadrise boats have a longer trailer

vroom ZOOM

Chief Petty Officer
Well, I was reading the replies and remembered what I did in engineering class. Yeah, we used a pixel calculator to get dimensions from three views. I did the same with the boat and figured out the length of the boat that should fit on the trailer. I adjusted my bow stop and drove down to pick up the boat; it fit perfectly. Will be heading back today! Thanks to everyone for the advice!