Rinker 232 Cuddy or Crownline 230 ccr

Rocnat4

Cadet
Any opinions on these boats? Considering a 2001 or 2002? Also looked at and very much like the Crownline 230 but the price is an issue.<br /><br />What are the benefits of the twin prop Bravo III? We currently boat on the Mississippi in Illinois with our 20' Sunbird Cuddy 4.3 Omc. Mostly daytrips, kneeboard and tubing etc.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Rinker 232 Cuddy or Crownline 230 ccr

Both are nice boats. By doing away with the big sunpad the Crownline makes better use of the space available. And Crownline finish is tops. The Rinker has a conventional left seat for your 1st mate. No need to ride sidesaddle. Also the specs lead me to believe that the Rinker might handle rough water a little better. Get rides on both!<br /><br />There are lots of claims about the superiority of dual prop drives. But I think the biggest is the cancellation of torque reaction. I would expect this to make hooking the boat into a tight slip easier. For a trailerboater, that does not use a slip, the case for a dual prop may not be so compelling. Again, try both on the water.<br /><br />A couple more boats to consider that are about this size and price are the Caravelle 240 and Ebbtide 2300.<br /><br />Kelly Cook