Resurrecting a Glastron Sigma Sailboat ……

Status
Not open for further replies.

eboat85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have wanted to get into lake sailing for a while and was gifted a 1970 14’ Glastron Sigma that hasn’t been on the water in a few years and needs some TLC. I have some knowledge of sailing but do not know what resources are out there for parts, accessories and knowledge base for small sailboats.
The sailboat is complete but tired. Any help would be appreciate!4D3A9312-8FBD-4E6A-9194-9C39032905EE.jpeg

Attachments

• F18B20DE-A6FC-4103-9F5A-D745A5346515.jpeg
    F18B20DE-A6FC-4103-9F5A-D745A5346515.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5

flashback

Captain
Sailing was my first adventure with boats and will always be a love but sadly I have not kept up with current stuff. That small boat could be rigged in several ways so when you get into it I will offer what I can.
For now clean it up and check all the rigging fittings, and see what you have.

eboat85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you, being in northern Wisconsin I will be digging into it this winter and I will post what I find.

tpenfield

Staff member
Where's the rest of it? Standing rigging, rudder, sails, etc.?

If you don't have those, then you may have to check with some boat salvage yards in your area for suitable parts. You probably won't find exact matches, but you can always improvise.

eboat85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Ted, I have the rest. Rigging, masts, sails, rudder, ropes etc. I am just expecting, when I start getting into thing, I will find items that are worn and need replacement. Then I just want to be able to know which direction to look for pieces and parts.
I also need to rebuild the trailer, but since I have had to do that for every trailer I have ever owned, I wont have any questions.

Here is a picture of an assembled boat, just not mine.
Thanks, Eric
122D23A5-76CF-43B2-BACA-EEC75D393826.jpeg

tpenfield

Staff member
Most of the parts are going to be generic or close to it. I would expect the lines (ropes) to be dried and frayed, so you may be replacing those.

Lots of online places sell the bits and pieces for sailboats.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
That's in the Minocwa are I think. There should be a marina or such to get parts from. If you are having trouble finding them, PM me, I might be able to help. I'm up on Lake superior.

eboat85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Most of the parts are going to be generic or close to it. I would expect the lines (ropes) to be dried and frayed, so you may be replacing those.

Lots of online places sell the bits and pieces for sailboats.
Thanks!

eboat85

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's in the Minocwa are I think. There should be a marina or such to get parts from. If you are having trouble finding them, PM me, I might be able to help. I'm up on Lake superior.
Thanks, I am only 15 minutes from Minocqua. I will ask around. I will know more once I start digging into the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.