Repowering and rebuilding a Jet boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev_alaska

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I agree with Hugh, we might as well get started. <br /><br />I just purchased a second river boat that is substantially underpowered. We will use it as is for the remainder of the season, and then will be pulling it out for rework. Great hull, out of date powerplant. <br /><br />We will be removing an inboard jet unit and replacing with an outboard jet system. This will require a reconfiguration of the transom and fuel cells in the boat. The horsepower will go from a present 115 Jet to approximately 175 Jet..More room in the boat for the camping/hunting gear as well as the family....<br /><br />Any ideas or comments are welcome. I will keep posting as this progresses. As everyone knows, this will go without any hitches whatsoever....<br /><br />Kev_alaska

hltenterprises

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Repowering and rebuilding a Jet boat

Kev<br /> What about the max hp rating on the boat? Would hate to see you do all that work then get in trouble with the coast guard or law. Check out rotdoctor.com they have some good info an transom work. You may do a search here as well I have seen post were transoms were rebuilt. Good luck

kev_alaska

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Repowering and rebuilding a Jet boat

I am going to cheat somewhat in the Aluminum welding department. The boat is a custom Silverstreak that was built here in Anchorage. The same builder will be reconfiguring the transom to accomodate the outboard and will ensure the design criteria is correct. <br /><br />If I am lucky, one of the other boats he built with the old jet system may need replacements for his/her inboard! In any case the motor being replaced is an OMC V-4 crossflow that has several other applications for outboarders......

Status
Not open for further replies.