replacing wakeboard tower

mikenbecw

Cadet
Hello, I recently bought a used 2007 Blue Water Cascade (originally sold in Utah at Justus Brothers, who are no longer in business?) which had a waketower on it at one time. I would like to install another on it and would like to find out which tower(s) will fit the holes already drilled into the hull.

There are two holes for each mount, drilled 3" o/c apart horizontally along the boat. Centerline to centerline of each mount was about 43" (the two closest holes are 40" apart, furthest two are 46" apart).

If anyone has this same set-up or knows what manufacturer uses these measurements would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching the internet for a few days now with no luck. Monster MT1 is close but they told me their hole spacing is about 2" apart.

Thanks again

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: replacing wakeboard tower

Hello, I recently bought a used 2007 Blue Water Cascade (originally sold in Utah at Justus Brothers, who are no longer in business?) which had a waketower on it at one time. I would like to install another on it and would like to find out which tower(s) will fit the holes already drilled into the hull.

There are two holes for each mount, drilled 3" o/c apart horizontally along the boat. Centerline to centerline of each mount was about 43" (the two closest holes are 40" apart, furthest two are 46" apart).

If anyone has this same set-up or knows what manufacturer uses these measurements would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching the internet for a few days now with no luck. Monster MT1 is close but they told me their hole spacing is about 2" apart.

Thanks again

I huge part of my business in the summer in wakeboard sales and installs. Unfortunately you will be better off trying to find a tower with the same mount spacing over hole spacing. If the feet on the new tower covers the holes then you can do a rough repair and drill new holes. As you said the measurements are 43". You will find you might want to repair the holes and start new as not all towers have a fixed dimension. They allow for adjustment and to adjust the distance for and aft for your boat in particular the tower may not sit right.

mikenbecw

Cadet

After more searching (and finding a link on this forum) I think my boat had a Barewest T4. But I think I will go with a Monster MT1 and use one of each of the furthest holes for each mount and drill a new one also for each. This should put the mount spacing at 48" C/L to C/L which is their recommended spacing (48-60"). I will have to patch the other 4 holes, I know I saw some posts on here with some recommendations for products.
My decision to go with Monster is based on all the great reviews on them and their service as well as the price. Even with Barewest's boat show promotion until Feb 14th on the T4 @$1295 + shipping I can get a Monster MT1 (locally), two racks and a mirror (off e-bay) for less than just the T4.

Attachments

• Cascade 003.JPG
    Cascade 003.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 0

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

After more searching (and finding a link on this forum) I think my boat had a Barewest T4. But I think I will go with a Monster MT1 and use one of each of the furthest holes for each mount and drill a new one also for each. This should put the mount spacing at 48" C/L to C/L which is their recommended spacing (48-60"). I will have to patch the other 4 holes, I know I saw some posts on here with some recommendations for products.
My decision to go with Monster is based on all the great reviews on them and their service as well as the price. Even with Barewest's boat show promotion until Feb 14th on the T4 @$1295 + shipping I can get a Monster MT1 (locally), two racks and a mirror (off e-bay) for less than just the T4.

I'm sorry, I just have to say you are sacrificing looks for cost. I hope you're happy with the Monster on that great looking boat. IMO they're the ugliest towers on the market.
I hope I'm not outta line. I just hate seeing people disappointed :(.

mikenbecw

Cadet

Are you saying you would go with the T4? Or? I would like one that will fold down so I can put it in the garage if I want to. I would still like to cover it so I don't want one with ends poking up to wear holes through it when colapsed. I got a heck of a deal on the boat and could not have afforded it otherwise so I don't have the cash to spend $2-3000 on a tower plus racks & mirror.
I think I will try one of those voting Threads and see what iBoats community thinks!

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are you saying you would go with the T4? Or? I would like one that will fold down so I can put it in the garage if I want to. I would still like to cover it so I don't want one with ends poking up to wear holes through it when colapsed. I got a heck of a deal on the boat and could not have afforded it otherwise so I don't have the cash to spend $2-3000 on a tower plus racks & mirror.
I think I will try one of those voting Threads and see what iBoats community thinks!

You shouldn't have to worry about your canvas. You can have it altered to Velcro around the mounts.