Question regarding 1988 Chris Craft Sea Hawk

RickyRick100

Cadet
Hello, new to the forum and I have a question regarding a 1988 Chris Craft boat that I just inherited and started to restore. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the model 215 SeaHawk and the 216 SeaHawk? Thank you.

etracer68

Ensign
Re: Question regarding 1988 Chris Craft Sea Hawk

Welcome, If these are of the same year, I would say, the differance would be length, and layout, why do you ask?

RickyRick100

Cadet
Re: Question regarding 1988 Chris Craft Sea Hawk

Welcome, If these are of the same year, I would say, the differance would be length, and layout, why do you ask?

Hello Etracer, I'm new to owning a boat and took this on as a project as I inherited the boat. The boat is in great shape. Had a friend of mine do a complete tune up, compression test, lower unit ect and the motor is running well and in great shape. Evinrude 200 hp. So now I'm looking to do the cosmetics. Dash gauges, rod boxes on the inside, cabin accessories, Bimini top etc. All the internet sites or local marine stores I go to ask me for the year, make & model of the boat. I tell them it's a 1988 Chris Craft Sea Hawk and I'm always asked if its a 215 Sea Hawk or 216 Sea Hawk and I don't have the answer. I have done a ton of research by the hull number, compared the specs on both boats,etc. At first I thought the 215 was and O/B and the 216 was an I/O but I was able to locate both motors on both models. Just can't figure out the difference. Probably, nothing I should be worrying about but I am curious.
BTW, after working on the boat for the past 2 months, target date to drop in the water is next weekend. It's been hard as I live on the water and have a dock out back and I have this boat sitting in my driveway and not being able to use it. But it's worth the wait as I am taking my time to do it right and get it into pristine shape. I'm already in for
over $5K these past 2 months - so much for inheriting the boat - LOL.
Thanks for replying.
Thanks for your reply.